This program is meant for individuals who have no knowledge of English and wish to pick up the language. The program is a 16 month long basic English program to teach individuals to speak, write and converse in English.
English is thought to be one of the most important languages in the world. There are many reasons why English is so important. One of the reasons is that English is spoken as the first language in many countries. There are 104 countries where English is spoken as the first language.
The objectives of the program is to help:
- students to participate effectively in the academic settings of lectures, presentations and forums
- students to engage in and construct academic oral discourse of presentations, speeches, debates and forums
- students to participate in and lead discussions in an academic setting among peers students to read effectively across all academic genres
- students to plan for and construct academic business genres effectively
- students to utilize the appropriate study skills and thinking to manage learning independently
Graduates from this program will be able to use this qualification to seek employment, take up higher education programs conducted in English and generally be able to converse, understand, write and read English.